Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter 3


0361-2-2
Originally uploaded by Soluta
...And chapter 3 begins. I haven't finished editing chapters 1 or 2 yet but my schedule dictates that I need to get on with things, so my plan is to keep generating words and edit as I go. So yesterday I edited a part of Chapter 2 that had to do with fourteenth-century anxiety about property ownership. Today I read some things to prepare for writing about why my discussion of Chaucer has anything to do with lyric manuscripts.

Ed's parents arrived back from Hong Kong tonight. Ed and Al met them at the airport, and afterward we went and had dinner at Congee Wong, getting home pretty late. I probably won't see them this weekend for dim sum, since there's the Anglo-Saxon conference happening at U of T.

This picture is from Edinburgh in the summer. I went up there for a few days to look at John of Grimestone's notebook--he was a fourteenth-century preacher who amassed a lot of English verse, mainly translations from French and Latin, but still--impressive. This was taken outside the shopping centre down at the waterfront, near the Royal Yacht Britannia ... at Ocean Terminal. I have taken about 8 months to get around to processing these photos ! This carousel really struck me visually since it was so bright and colourful in relation to the grey shopping centre. The rain made it especially shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.