Sunday, January 9, 2011

Keeping up

Hey. This is an experiment for how to keep in touch with friends and family. It's an open letter, really, but not open to the Internet, just people I already know.

This weekend I went to Adleen's housewarming party on Friday night. Adleen is a friend from grad school, in the comp lit program, and she came to our wedding. She's got lots of friends in medieval studies and in English so although when I arrived I didn't know a lot of the people there (!) but by the time I left, many more people I knew had arrived. It was a big raucous party and got quite loud by the end of it. Ed (because he is sweet and lovely) picked me up and took me home. I ended up staying up till about 3am, so I was tired Saturday.

On Saturday we went to dim sum with Ed's parents who are leaving for Hong Kong on Tuesday. Afterward we went to Michael's craft store so I could get something from my Christmas present (yes, it's now January 9). Originally the gift was going to be a Epic 6 machine which retails at about $80 (see below). The idea behind it is to cut and emboss paper shapes, which is cool for cardmaking, which I've decided I want to do. The thing is we can't find this product online or anywhere in stock really. Michael's had something similar called a Big Shot but it doesn't come with any dies (templates) so I was torn... but in the end didn't get it. I got some rubber stamps with spring-y images, though, which are pretty cool !

We had dinner at Insomnia with Belinda and Nate and [flowergirl] Ariel and Benjamin. They'd had a long day but Ariel managed to keep it together most of the time. The one exception was when they tried to take a lollipop away from her and she screamed "I just wanted to hold it! I just wanted to hold it!..." The parents did a kind of tag team approach where her dad suggested she ask mom nicely whether she could *hold* the lollipop... and mom graciously said yes. After Ariel had calmed down a bit she came and sat on my lap and looked at wedding pictures, some of which were of her. I bet she slept well that night!

Afterward I went swimming and to the sauna/whirlpool downstairs on Saturday. I thought it might be busy but actually I had the pools to myself as usual. All friends are welcome! I can have two guests at a time. I keep thinking how nice it would be for someone else as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.