Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday

Our writing group met again today, first time after the break. We talked about a couple of non-thesis things: writing a conference proposal, and writing a fake cover letter for the professionalization course. I had written a draft of the latter and it was great to hear some positive feedback on it (thank you Erin !).

As it turns out the writing group really made a difference today. I really didn't even feel like getting up this morning and doing any work. It would have been easy just to mark or read rather than write, but instead the group reminded me: it's not that bad, and we're all in this together. Just writing a bit every day makes a difference.

I have been thinking a lot about how the thesis will end, and so actually writing the thesis means the end of this time (which let's face it is quite pleasant--time to myself, time to read, time to write, not much teaching) and the start something else which is uncertain (not sure where or how I'll be working). I would like to figure out another way of seeing this ... ! Surely there must be a positive aspect to this uncertainty. ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.